Friday, September 16, 2011

Future can be a Scary Place.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm basically trying my hardest to be in the Will of God.   I'm not going to lie; it's a hard task sometimes.. Plus, being a teenager and trying to live for HIM isn't easy either.  I'm not trying to throw a "woe is me" party right or brag that I'm trying hard either, but it's just a lot for me to keep in mind sometimes.  Philippians 4:6-7 says, (in my words and shorten) Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Let God know your needs, and leave everything to Him. Then you will know His peace; which surpasses out understanding.

The future FREAKS. ME. OUT.  I hate not knowing what I'm going to be doing.  Being a senior in high school, I'm supposed to be picking out colleges right now.  There is one place I would really like to go, Lee University, a Church of God school. I can go there, get my degree in communications and study God's word with other beleivers who are called into ministry. 

A few year's ago, a worship leader, and Thanks and Praise be to God, I was able to learn piano.  Music is something near and dear to me in the first place, but learning piano took me to a whole new place with God.  I was able to play and sing to MY LORD, without having someone lead me into worship. I could worship, my words and my feelings to my Savior.  Then, she asked me to play during worship at church.  Just being able to help lead people into the presence of God was amazing.  He was using a teenager to lead more people to HIM.  That's when I felt the call on my life that I was going to be a worship leader.

Time pasted, things happened, words are exchanged, feelings are hurt, and confusion set in.  I started questioning what God had told me.  Maybe, the piano was just a hobby. I'm not even supposed to be playing piano.  I'll never be as good as so-and-so.  That's a horrible place to be for ANYONE.  You stop everything, and now, you're not even doing anything for Him.

Being outside of God's Will, once you've been in it before, IS. HORRIBLE.  I know that I need to be using any and every talent/ability He has given me to glorify Him.  But, past experiences make me question everything: "Well, remember, I was told I shouldn't be in worship."  "I wasn't good enough then, what makes me think I am now?" or. You  just ignore it all together and eventually get used to feeling of misery. 

THERE COMES A TIME
WHEN THE PAST HAS TO BE IN THE PAST.
AND YOU CLAIM YOUR FUTURE IN CHRIST.
Coming to the point where you DON'T CARE what people will think of your worship. You know, it's to praise him with everything you have.  Raise you hands, Jump up and down, Shout, Dance, Leap, Bow, Cry, GIVE GOD THE PRAISE HE DESERVES.  Step out and use your abilities and talents he has given you.  Whether that means just vacuuming the church, singing/playing on praise team, or greeting people. Go DO ANYTHING that is pleasing to God.  If you let people hold you back from ANYTHING you're doing for God, then, it's a waste.  There is NO way you can please God and man. 

Imagine; what would happen if  we gave HIM the praise HE DESERVES instead of giving Him the praise we feel like that day.  Who are YOU worshiping? The praises of people or the LORD of LORDS?

No comments:

Post a Comment